First State Bank was chartered August 13, 1912, and has operated from the corner of East and First Streets in Lynnville, Iowa, since 1980. First State offers the services of a modern financial institution while maintaining the “small town” features of a locally-owned community bank. The bank has operated continuously since its inception.
The main office of First State Bank is located at 413 East St, Lynnville, IA 50153, with branch offices in Sully, Agency, Brooklyn and Grinnell. First State currently has thirty-five employees and has approximately $165 million in assets.
In May 2005, First State Bank opened an additional office in Sully. In July 2014, First State Bank acquired additional offices in Agency, Brooklyn and Grinnell.
First State Bank’s mission is to remain a strong and viable financial institution as a result of serving the financial needs of its customers in a professional manner. Our financial services include competitive loan and deposit rates, internet banking and a Mobile App with Mobile Capture.
If we can provide better service to you, please don’t hesitate to contact us in person or by phoning Lynnville (641-527-2535 or 888-527-2534), Sully (641-594-3744), Agency (641-937-5236), Brooklyn (641-522-9231) or Grinnell (641-236-7700).
FIRST STATE BANK EMPLOYEES
- Steven L. Russell, President and C.E.O.
- Keith D. Renaud, Vice President and Cashier
- Kyle R. Terpstra, Vice President, NMLS ID 466345
- Bradley J. Van Vark, Vice President and Senior Loan Officer, NMLS ID 466346
- James Walkup, Vice President
- Lejon Ladwig, Vice President, NMLS ID 652531
- Kurt Harthoorn, Loan Officer, NMLS ID 466347
- Barbara K. Freeborn, Assistant Vice President
- Kris Zimmerman, Assistant Loan Officer
- Vickie J. Nikkel, New Accounts
- Terri L. Morris, Bookkeeping
- Marla Van Rees, Loan Administrator
- Kim Vos, Teller
- Beth Vander Molen, Teller
- Darci Jansen, Teller
- Taylor Vos, Teller