First State Bank was chartered August 13, 1912, and has operated from the corner of East and First Streets in Lynnville, Iowa, since 1980. First State offers the services of a modern financial institution while maintaining the “small town” features of a locally-owned community bank. The bank has operated continuously since its inception.
The main office of First State Bank is located at 413 East St, Lynnville, IA 50153, with branch offices in Sully, Agency, Brooklyn and Grinnell. First State currently has thirty-five employees and has approximately $165 million in assets.
In May 2005, First State Bank opened an additional office in Sully. In July 2014, First State Bank acquired additional offices in Agency, Brooklyn and Grinnell.
First State Bank’s mission is to remain a strong and viable financial institution as a result of serving the financial needs of its customers in a professional manner. Our financial services include competitive loan and deposit rates, internet banking and a Mobile App with Mobile Capture.
If we can provide better service to you, please don’t hesitate to contact us in person or by phoning Lynnville (641-527-2535 or 888-527-2534), Sully (641-594-3744), Agency (641-937-5236), Brooklyn (641-522-9231) or Grinnell (641-236-7700).
FIRST STATE BANK EMPLOYEES
- Steven L. Russell, President and C.E.O.
- Bradley J. Van Vark, Vice President and Senior Loan Officer, NMLS ID 466346
- Barbara K. Freeborn, Assistant Vice President
- Cale Van Wyk, Loan Officer, NMLS ID 1636723
- DeAnn Clark, Insurance
- Kris Zimmerman, Assistant Loan Officer
- James Walkup, Vice President
- Keith D. Renaud, Vice President and Cashier
- Kim Vos, Customer Service
- Kyle R. Terpstra, Vice President, NMLS ID 466345
- Marla Van Rees, Loan Administrator
- Terri L. Morris, Bookkeeping
- Vickie J. Nikkel, New Accounts
- Zachary Guinn, Loan Officer
- Lejon Ladwig, Vice President, NMLS ID 652531
- Beth Vander Molen, Customer Service
- Darci Jansen, Customer Service
- Taylor Vos, Customer Service
- Bev Arthur, Customer Service